Our mission at Conceptua Math is to help students and teachers put research into practice. Our founding team completed federally-funded research with low-achieving students and created Conceptua Math in 2009 to accomplish these objectives:
- Employ research-proven, visual models.
- Make meaningful connections between math skills and the real world.
- Create a culture of purposeful discourse in the classroom.
- Keep the teacher in the equation.
We believe our company stands alone in providing the finest solutions for these powerful objectives. We continually strive to improve our product and services through our partnerships with school districts.
Conceptua Math Algebra Readiness, End-of-Course Results
Sunnyside Unified School District, Tucson, AZ
The Sunnyside Unified School District implemented Conceptua Math in grades 3 through 5 beginning in the 2014-2015 school year. Three years of data demonstrate the effectiveness of the district-publisher partnership.
SUSD is located in Tucson, AZ and serves a population that traditionally underperforms in mathematics achievement.
SUSD’s compound growth rate over the 2014-2017 period ranged from 22% to 44% by grade. The state’s compound growth in passing rate percentages ranged from 5.8% to 11.5%. Read the report for a complete explanation.
Our partnership with Clever allows us to seamlessly integrate district student information systems (SIS) data with Conceptua Math, while maintaining our FERPA-compliance.
Our partnership with TextHELP allows us to provide the highest quality text-to-speech to enable our instructions and feedback to be read aloud to students, as well as highlighted word-by-word.
Conceptua Math is proud to be a sponsor of The National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM). NCSM is a mathematics leadership organization that provides professional learning opportunities necessary to support and sustain improved student achievement.
We partner with The National Training Network (NTN) to provide top-quality professional development and coaching services to our school district clients. NTN services many of our East Coast and Midwest customers.
EdWeb.net is a professional social and learning network that makes it easy for anyone in the education community to connect with peers, share information and best practices, spread innovative ideas, and provide professional development.
We are proud to sponsor the Building Understanding in Math community on EdWeb, where we host top-notch webinars for teachers and administrators.
Backed by Research
- Our in-house curriculum authors hold Ph.D.’s or Masters degrees in education.
- Our Expert Review consultants all have Ph.D.’s and are leaders in the mathematics curriculum industry.
- Our visual models, discussion guides, pedagogical sequences, and lesson structures are all informed by the latest research.
- Over 1 million assessments show that 75% of students pass our Standard Lessons, and those who require remediation achieve at an 82% rate.